Breaking News

Facing Serena Williams was a dream of mine, says Katie Boulter

In an interview to BBC, Katie Boulter commented on her upcoming Hopman Cup match against Serena Williams. Boulter represents the Great Britain with Cameron Norrie, while Williams plays for the United States with Frances Tiafoe. 'It is something I've dreamed of,' Boulter admitted. 'It's going to be a huge year for me and I'm looking forward to playing a lot more people like that. I'm going to go out and play my game against Serena. I do the same thing no matter who is on the other side of the court. There may be a small element that, OK, it is actually Serena when I get on the court, but I'm going to enjoy it and just have fun.'

Boulter loved the Maria Sharapova-Williams rivalry: 'I watched them when I was little on TV - the first time Sharapova won Wimbledon [in 2004] and beat Serena was big news. Serena is such an amazing woman. The way she carries herself is something I would like to emulate. She's someone I've looked up to for a long time.'

Tennis is a big passion in Boulter's family, as the world no. 97 confessed: 'When we were younger, beating my big brother was a big motivation for me! I don't think he realised it at the time. We used to practise together at this local court down the road from our house. It was the only thing I could eventually beat him in, so that felt great. It's my absolute claim to fame, beating my brother when I was 14. I'll keep that for life! He hasn't really picked up a racquet much since then...'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2AkUPDW

No comments