Breaking News

Former Roger Federer's coach praises Marin Cilic:'No one wants to face him'

Interviewed by ESPN, the former Roger Federer's coach Paul Annacone praised Marin Cilic. The world No. 7 Croatian player is managing to stay at the top year after year, and he keeps being a threat for the top guys in single matches. '(Cilic) is the guy none of the big players like to see across the net, not with those weapons, not when he trusts himself', said Annacone. 'The second serve becomes not quite as big. His groundstrokes get a little more erratic.'

In press conference at the ATP Finals in London Cilic, analyzing his loss to Novak Djokovic, said: ' felt the tennis was quite quality first set. Novak was serving really good. I was not finding, on one part, the rhythm on my returns, the other part Novak was very accurate with his serve. He was placing the serve really good today. You know, the tiebreak, there were no mini breaks. I had a set point. There was some rally. I had definitely small opening. But Novak played well, I have to say. He was better throughout the first set. He had more chances on my own serve, and I didn't win many points on his serve, so that was tough to, you know, create that pressure, especially in the tiebreak when it comes to critical points. Second set, I mean, I still felt I played well. I just dropped in part of, you know, little bit with my serve. Novak connected few good points, you know, got the break. He was much looser after that, you know, 3-2, 4-2, played well those last two games.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2QGBne1

No comments