Breaking News

I still have a lot of things to achieve, assures Maria Sharapova

In some ways, Maria Sharapova appreciates more the successes she got at a young age when not everyone had too big expectations on her. Sharapova said: 'There are little pieces of the puzzle that makes or breaks somebody's career, absolutely. I mean, it's easier to say that when you've been there and you've won Grand Slams and been No. 1. I think it's more so important when you're in that stage of, you know, you're talented, you have a lot of things, but you're waiting, you're trying to break through to that next level because those are the voices that are around you. The guidance that you have is so important. The people that take care of your body, that have a plan in place, that do the fitness, that also has to get along as a group, it's a lot of pieces to the puzzle. I've been fortunate. I have had, a fairly consistent team in my career. I have changed coaches a couple of times, a couple of physios but have been on the tour for many years. Some have families, and they come and go. But I have been very lucky with the people I have had on my team.'

Sharapova also commented on how it feels to be able to stand out in a job: 'It's a nice feeling to know you're really good at something. I don't know. It's a good self‑esteem booster because I'm not good at any other sports. I'm worthless at many other things, but I go out on the court and I feel like I'm really good at this. 

I've accomplished a lot, and why wouldn't I continue? Why wouldn't I want to get better and improve? It's something that I've done for a very long time and something that I feel, you know, there's still so many opportunities for me and things to achieve. Yeah, motivation‑wise that's never really an issue. It's more about, you know, obviously the shoulder has been a big part of my career and something that I've had to get through. But finding that motivation despite all that is not easy, easy, but you certainly have to work at it at times. I'm very privileged to do what I do, and I love it.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2zPTG71

No comments