Breaking News

Khachanov eyes revenge against Rafa Nadal: I hope to face him in Abu Dhabi

Karen Khachanov is looking forward to make his first appearance ever at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi. On December 27, the Russian tennis player will face Dominic Thiem. The winner of the match will face Rafael Nadal on December 28, and Khachanov is keen to avenge his 2018 US Open loss to the Spaniard in what he described to The National as one of the best matches of his career. 'It was a great match and I was happy I could show this level during the whole match. If it’s possible that we meet in Abu Dhabi that would be great and for sure I will try to bring my best game. I was really happy to play this kind of final against the best player in the world, and to know I can compete against guys like Roger [Federer], Rafa, Novak, Andy [Murray], Stan [Wawrinka], and [Juan] Del Potro. When I was young I was watching them play and now I am competing against them at the highest level.'

Khachanov will start his 2019 ATP season at the Qatar Open in Doha, joining Novak Djokovic in the field. 'The goals can change depending how the year goes,' said the world no. 11. 'At the moment, I’m in pre-season working harder than ever before. If I continue to play at the same level or even better, there is the potential to always achieve better. That’s the main goal. If I keep playing the way I’m playing I hope it will give me even more results and I will be even higher.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Qxc7HT

No comments