Breaking News

'Level of sexism is unreal' - Andy Murray shocked by Ballon D'Or Ceremony

Through his official Instagram account, Andy Murray shared a strong opinion on the Ballon d'Or women's winner Ada Hegerberg being asked to twerk on stage on Monday night. Murray wrote: 'Why do woman still have to put up with that shit? What questions did they ask Mmbappe and Modric? I'd imagine something to do with football. And to everyone who thinks people are overreacting and it was just a joke... It wasn't. I've been involved in sport my whole life and the level of sexism is unreal.'

The three-time Grand Slam winner has always supported women's rights, also backed by his mother Judy. Murray is currently training at Crandon Park in Miami, the venue that hosted the Miami Open from 1986 to 2018, and on Monday he hit with the Portuguese player Gastao Elias. In late December Murray will move to Brisbane to play the tournament where he won the title in 2012 and 2013. '“I’m feeling physically a little bit better every day. It’s obviously been a tough year with the hip injury and the surgery, but I’m getting closer. I’ve been practising already for a few days and I’ve still got a couple of months to get myself in the best shape. I’ll be doing my off-season training in Miami. I’ve spent four or five weeks over in Philadelphia doing a lot of off-court training. Then in December, I’m going to get to Miami and do three or four weeks of training in the hot conditions there and spending a lot more time in the hot conditions there to get myself ready.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2PmxiXK

No comments