Breaking News

Maria Sharapova: I was never in a proper education system

Maria Sharapova considered tennis as a priority since when she was a very young girl and that's why studying was never really on the top of her priorities' list. In a press conference, Sharapova said: 'I have always been home schooled most of the years that I studied. I was never in a proper education system where I was around 30 people. I went to a private school for three or four years while I was practicing in Florida, but I would say I don't know what my favorite subject was, but I liked studying art very much, and architecture was a subject that I wanted to get into but just never had the time unfortunately.'

Sharapova will make a return at the Shenzhen Open in 2019. She spoke about her relationship with the former world no. 2 Li Na: 'A lot of moments we have shared have been on the court competing against each other. We faced against each other many, many times. I considered her one of my toughest opponents. Her game was very difficult to play against because of the way that she made the game so physical. She was very strong, very powerful off her backhand side, never really let up in matches, was always ‑‑took the ball early, anticipated the ball very well. She always imposed herself on the court and has a very impressive style of game that she had and caused me a lot of troubles. I had a lot of disappointing losses against her but also tough matches that I came through.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2QDRdHn

No comments