Breaking News

Naomi Osaka gets her new collection of stamps

Honours keep coming for Naomi Osaka. The Japanese tennis player has promoted a new collection of stamps featuring her face. They will be sold around Japan, making the 21-year-old's popularity increase even more. Osaka will start her new season at the Brisbane International prior to competing at the Australian Open. Osaka also featured in the video shared by Google about the people and events most searched this year. Osaka's popularity increased a lot clearer after her maiden Grand Slam title at the US Open where she defeated Serena Williams in a controversial final. 'I just think keeping the level I had from US Open to now, I think doing that throughout the entire year is something that I really want to focus on, because I think -- I don't know. For me, I shouldn't just be doing well on hard courts. I think I should be doing well on, like, all surfaces. I think I'm capable of doing that. So definitely I want to try to focus on that next year', said Osaka during the WTA Finals in Singapore in late October.

In Switzerland, on the list of most googled keywords "Wimbledon" ended third, "Australian Open" fifth. Roger Federer was upset by Kevin Anderson in a five-set quarter-final match, while in Melbourne earlier this year the Swiss triumphed defeating Marin Cilic in a five-set championship clash.

On Google Argentina, in four different categories the world No. 4 Juan Martin del Potro ended on the top 5. In the general researches, he was the fifth most searched person coming from his country. Del Potro won Acapulco and Indian Wells back to back titles, he also reached US Open final, French Open semifinals and Wimbledon quarter.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Enu3O4

No comments