Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'Venus is a lifetime partner for me'

In a recent press conference, Serena Williams spoke about her relationship with sister Venus and what they do off-court. 'I think every day is a great part hanging out with her', said Serena. 'Every day you learn something new about someone. I think that's what life is about, it's about learning something new every day. A partner for me that will be a lifetime. She's just a great individual and an incredibly powerful woman.'

'We just do a lot of fun things', added Serena. 'I think when you're away from tennis, you just have to, like -- we just like to sit around at the house because we're gone so much. When you travel so much, it's the best and most relaxing thing to just sit on the couch and not move.'

What would be some things she can't do or doesn't do well? 'I would love to sing really well. I think if I could sing, I would just be a star. But I don't sing great. I don't sing bad, but I don't sing great.'

Serena also wishes to be a good role for her compatriots: 'Hopefully I could be something positive for young Americans. There are so many young Americans playing today. They're actually doing really, really well. There's a lot of young girls coming up. So that could be kind of cool as long as we keep things really professional on the court. I'm really someone that always is like, Be the best, do the best. Actually really cool.'

Is there anything she misses about being 16? 'No, no. 16 is great. But you're only that for a year and you have to move on.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2PExx0H

No comments