Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios is more talented than Roger Federer and Nadal, says McEnroe

In an interview to The Telegraph in London, the former American player John McEnroe praised Nick Kyrgios's talent. McEnroe worked with Nick Kyrgios in a captain-player relationship at the Laver Cup in the last two years and he is convinced that the Australian can aim high. 'Nick’s an extremely talented player', said McEnroe. 'Out of maybe all the players in last 10 years in terms of pure tennis ability, he could be the best. Naturally when you see a guy not doing what he can do, you feel like it would be nice to help make a difference. He’s a good team guy. I like him as a person. It’s just that he’s not able to compete. Half the time he’s not competing so how in the world can you win a big event if you’re not competing half the time?'

McEnroe also commented on the three-time Major winner Andy Murrays' attempt to come back to the top of tennis. Earlier this year in January in Melbourne Murray underwent a hip surgery and he came back to play at the Queen's Club in June, skipping Wimbledon after that. 'I never had a hip surgery. Sometimes I wish I had explored that. It wasn’t something that was thought to be necessary but I know that my hip issue bothered me since I was 26 or 27 years old, and it’s still not right, and never will be."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Psdi6b

No comments