Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios trolls media, won't quit season if he wins Australian Open

Australian rising star Nick Kyrgios will continue his 2019 campaign even if he wins the Australian Open. 

The 23-year-old made the headlines ahead of the Brisbane International after saying he would probably call it a season if he wins it all at Melbourne Park. 

"I play enough tennis during the year, I'm sick of it by the time I get home," Kyrgios said during his press conference ahead of Brisbane, per The West Australian. 

"I was away from home for five and a half months and I don't really ever want to do that again.

"I'm going to play a very light schedule this year. 

"If I was to win Aus Open or something... I probably wouldn't play for the rest of the year."

After the news spread, the Australian took to Twitter to reveal that he wasn't serious. 

Meanwhile, Kyrgios is due to open his Brisbane campaign against American Ryan Harrison. 

The Australian beat the American in last year's Brisbane final to win it all at the tournament in his first main draw appearance. 

However, it remains a question how ready the 23-year-old is for Brisbane. 

Kyrgios plans to play in Brisbane despite getting bitten by a spider over Christmas. 

Kyrgios is also set to feature the Brisbane doubles event as he and partner Taylor Fritz have been drawn to meet Austin Krajicek and Artem Sitak in the first round. 

Also read: Australia's Matt Ebden targets big wins and Hopman Cup title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2AnKwPw

No comments