Breaking News

Nishikori getting inspired from Rafael Nadal, Djokovic to improve defence

In an interview ahead of the new season that he will start at the Brisbane International, Kei Nishikori said he is getting inspired from the biggest players in the world to try to improve his tennis game. 'I want to develop my defence when I'm forced to run around. Players like Murray, Djokovic and Nadal have good defence and they can attack from the defence. There are about 10 kinds of shots that I want to make better,' said Nishikori.

Analyzing his 2018 season, the 29-year-old added: 'It's been a long year this year. I had many difficulties especially in the first half of this year, and I was able to get through them in the second half. I was able to gain much experience. I was feeling happy to play tennis with my full power and aim to reach the top 10. I had been rushing headlong at the forefront, finally I took a good rest (because of injury) and now I enjoy playing tennis again. Thanks to injury I faced and then overcame difficulties. I gained some strength, reviewed my serve and work on different training. I think I made the most of this injury. I went on a hot spring trip with my friends and spent a night there and had fun shopping in Japan on vacation. I still have room for improvement in many aspects. I have to improve my serve more too. I'm mainly working on such things in this December.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ESdcmQ

No comments