Breaking News

Rafael Nadal hopes to be at 100 percent for Australian Open

Spanish tennis star Rafael Nadal will test his fitness level at this week's Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi. 

The 32-year-old hasn't played since retiring his US Open semi-final clash against eventual runner-up Juan Martin del Potro. 

The Spaniard's 2018 campaign came to an end after he decided to undergo a foot surgery and focus on getting himself ready for the start of the 2019 season. 

17-time Grand Slam champion Nadal will play his first match in Abu Dhabi on Friday. 

The Spaniard is set to make his ninth appearance at the Abu Dhabi exhibition. 

Nadal ended runner-up in his Abu Dhabi debut in 2009 before he won four titles at the tjrnsnent. 

"I don't know. I am not that good with numbers," Nadal said when asked to asses his fitness level out of 10, per the Associated Press. 

"I started about two weeks ago and I am taking small steps forward. I am just making sure I am moving forward and it's not a step backwards."

Nadal is expected to officially kick off his 2019 campaign at the Brisbane International. 

The Spaniard remains hopeful that he will be fully ready for the Australian Open. 

"I know I have time to be ready for Melbourne at 100 percent," Nadal added. 

Also read: Pune suffers big blow as Marin Cilic withdraws from tournament

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Aj5jnl

No comments