Breaking News

Rios: 'I could have beaten Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic'

The former world No. 1 Marcelo Rios believes that he could have beaten the "Big Three" - Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic - if he played in the same era as them. Speaking to Emol, Rios said: 'I think so, I could have competed a lot. Now there are only four good ones, but before we were many: Sampras, Agassi, Muster, Ivanisevic, Chang, Martin, Enqvist, the Swedes, Czechs... Before it was tougher on a competition level. Now in women, the same ones win and in men, it's almost impossible that a world No. 300 ranking player defeats Federer.'

Rios is proud with how his career went: 'My career was short and I could do less and maybe if I continued and if I prepared physically, I think I could have won a Grand Slam. But it does not prevent me from sleep. I had my career, I am happy with what I did.'

On Christian Garin, Rios added: 'He improved a lot, I see him very strong. Before we always said that he was weak mentally, but for other personal things. But now, being world No. 80 and winning Challengers, he will enter the real world and he will play the ATPs, that really belongs to him. I see him well, with much desire and happiness. I will support him.'

On Nicolas Jarry, Rios concluded: 'I told him in the Davis Cup against Ecuador: "You can be among the first ones, you will win good matches and you suddenly won't realize it". I think he can serve better, but you can solve it over time. He needs to win matches in an easier way.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Q7OJvz

No comments