Breaking News

Roger Federer: 2017-2018 January was one of my biggest times ever

In an interview to NRC, Roger Federer spoke about the beginning of his 2018 season. From January 2017 to January 2018, the Swiss won three Grand Slam titles: 2017 and 2018 Australian Open, 2017 Wimbledon. Was that the best tennis he has ever played? 'Maybe,' Federer said. 'It's different, the game changed. I had to adapt. In terms of win percentage, it was definitely one of my biggest times in career. Even 2005, 2006 and 2007 were unbelievable. I played a lot at the time, around 25 tournaments a year. Now I cannot do it anymore. What's more difficult? Playing a lot, winning a lot. Or playing less and winning a lot. If you get less opportunities, you also have more pressure. I think that it's nice that my game evolved, I play more aggressive. And I was not afraid to switch rackets.'

In 2014, Federer moved to a "97 racket, compared to the 90" frame with which he previously played. Federer looked more efficient on the backhand side. Would he have won more Grand Slams if he made this change a few years before? 'Remember that I won the 2012 Wimbledon and 2010 Australian Open. I played well, you know. It's not that I had to change something, I was very happy about my racket. But I wanted to try the transition. In 2002 I went from a "85 to 90 racket. It was a big change for me. From 2002 to 2014 I played with it and won 17 Grand Slams. It's difficult to change a racket that made you win everything. It's interesting if I had more or less success by switching it before. I do not know it.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2E4cKRQ

No comments