Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'My life is a very busy and exciting one'

Is it beautiful to be Roger Federer? In an interview to NRC, earlier this year during the Rotterdam Open, where he won the title defeating Grigor Dimitrov and becoming world No. 1 again, the Swiss player answered this intriguing question. 'Yeah, I think so. It's a very busy and exciting life. I meet a lot of people. But if I do not want, or if I do not want to play tournaments, I can do it. My life is very flexible. I have the ability to make people happy playing. There are not many jobs that make you reach so many people. That's a great privilege.'

Asked if he feels nostalgia thinking about the past, Federer replied: 'A little bit. Old times were good times. But then everyone retired; Sampras, Agassi, Moya, Henman, Krajicek, Kafelnikov. I knew that generation from TV. They are the reason why I started playing. If this goes away, you feel that you are losing something. I still miss them. I had to re-calibre and say: it's emotional to play against my generation, Roddick, Hewitt, Ferrero, Safin. And then you think: it's beautiful to play against the next generation because they are so talented: look at how Djokovic movement, look at Rafa's topspin, Murray's creativity.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2rsKsJs

No comments