Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'I am not a big spender, I like to invest'

Serena Williams earned $88 million career prize money so far and she was the highest paid women's athlete this year. The American was asked how he spends her money. 'I'm not a big spender', said Serena. 'Actually, I was‑‑ I just was thinking about getting a new place in Paris because mine's so small. I was going to upgrade. But I'm really‑‑ I'm just one of those girls that like to invest and do things like that, one of those bonds and stock, really boring. I probably should have been‑‑ yeah, that's me. I always have meetings with my money guy, and all we talk about is investments and blue-chip companies and which ones I want to do and stuff like that. So, yeah, that's what I do.'

Serena was also asked what she thinks about the US Open crowd: 'I think, when you're first coming out, people don't really know you and they have to get used to you, and if you're going up against another American that they've known and seen for years and years and years, people have their favourites. But as you win more and as people get to know you more and get to become a fan, then, you know, you have to kind of make your way in there. You can't just come in and expect everyone to root for you. It's like you're a rookie, and you have to pay your respects.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2SuB6bw

No comments