Breaking News

Roger Federer reveals details on fitness condition ahead of new season

Roger Federer is satisfied with the off-season work he has done in December. Speaking to the local media in Perth at the Hopman Cup, Federer said he worked hard both on tennis court with his coaches Severin Luthi and Ivan Ljubicic and at the gym with his fitness trainer Pierre Paganini. 'I’ve actually had a great build-up. I didn’t miss any sessions in Dubai', said Federer. 'All the fitness stuff I wanted to do, got done. All the tennis sessions I wanted to do, got done. I actually did a bit more than I was planning to. I think I can be very happy there. I’ve worked hard. I don’t talk about it, but I work extremely hard. This time, we really went to the edge of what’s possible for me. Nowadays with my age, I have to be careful not to push it every single day or too many days in a row, or whatever it may be. But when I worked, I worked extremely hard just on the length of practice, the intensity of practice, on the length of the rally and all these things. So I will be ready to play tough rallies, tough matches this year.'

In the 2018 season Federer won all the first 21 matches he played between Hopman Cup, Australian Open, Rotterdam and Indian Wells semifinals included. That had never happened to him. 'I think it was actually the most wins in a row ever to start the season for me, so the season was fantastic', said Federer, whose shape dropped in the second half of 2018. 'Yeah, I couldn’t carry it through. There were several reasons but, in the end, I have to judge the whole season and it was a great season.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2EY9NTo

No comments