Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios will never become world No. 1, says pundit

Former world no. 25 Filippo Volandri believes that Nick Kyrgios will always have ups and down in his career. The Australian keeps hitting "crazy" shots like an underarm serve against Rafael Nadal in Acapulco or Dusan Lajovic in Miami. The Italian said: "He is a genius, for me, he will never become world no. 1 just because of this kind of genius. But he attracts people. No one serves underarm, and he usually hits 220km/h serves! Lajovic was influenced by it, we will see how Kyrgios will do against players who have a stronger personality."

On Marco Cecchinato losing to David Goffin, Volandri added: "The season can still be good as he won in Buenos Aires and reached Doha semifinals. He did not play a good match against David Goffin, he was always down. Goffin played his best tennis in nine months, he always played aggressive and Marco played being far away from the baseline."

Analyzing his win over Lajovic, Kyrgios added: "I don't know what tomorrow is going to bring on the tennis court, but I'm going out there and having fun. I served well and returned well and I'm really happy. Today it was a pretty good all-around performance." On Borna Coric, the Australian added: "Borna is an unbelievable competitor and one of the best players in the world. He knows how to win matches and is an unbelievable athlete. He moves incredibly well and I know he won't give me a single point. I'm not going to think about it right now though. I have a day off tomorrow."

Kyrgios lost to Coric in the fourth round on Tuesday in three sets. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FECZPg

No comments