Breaking News

Federer: Losses broke my heart in the past. Now I flush them out quickly

In an interview to Tennis Channel following his win over Filip Krajinovic, Roger Federer commented on how differently he deals with losses now. "Nowadays, I am able to flush them out quickly," said the world no. 5. "I was the worst at it when I was a teenager, younger, I was so emotional about it and especially right after it was all over, you would cry, you would be so sad and disappointed, I wasn't the angry person ever really, so for me it was just like, it just broke my heart losing. Nowadays I feel like, I gave it all, Thiem with the goods, maybe I didn't. That's it, over. We cannot go back in time. There is a lot of matches I would like to go back in time and play again, but this one not so much. It just felt like, it did not happen and really well done to Dominic. Even when I was up on the podium, I felt like, It's over, I had a good run in Dubai and Indian Wells."

On how different the Hard Rock Stadium feels to Key Biscayne, Federer added: "It's very different. I do not know where to start, before we are on this little island outside of Miami and it was windy, here we are in this massive Stadium and the wind is gone, we have loads of shades instead of sun so reminds me very much of the US Open where we also had the same thing, windy and sunny place, all of sudden they put dome on top and then it changes but it's really accessible for the people and we finally have space because in Key Biscayne you didn't warm up, you were jumping up and down and it was really tight. So all of sudden, this massive space, we are not complaining, it's all good."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2JGqtmi

No comments