Breaking News

Serena Williams explains her similarities with Maria Sharapova

Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova may not be friends with each other, but they still share some similarities when it comes to tennis and fighting spirit. 'I think Maria and I both play well. I think we have a lot of similar things. We give 100%, I think. Doesn't matter who we play. We are both, I think, really intense on the court, and I think fans like to see people that really try really hard no matter what. And so when those two people play each other, it's one person that tries super hard playing another person that tries really', said Serena.

The 23-time Major winner also praised women's determination: 'The ladies really fight hard for everything, at least when they play me. I feel like everyone plays the best that they can and they just go for broke. I think ultimately that's what makes me better is the fact that I always have to be better because everyone is coming at me so hard.'

Serena also spoke about what age teaches you the most: 'There's definitely a deeper understanding. There's more appreciation. You just grow to love what you do more. Then you get to a point where you don't want to let go, like me. I don't want to let go. I won't let go. That's why I'm still here (laughter). It's important to have fun on the court, and I feel like, for me, it's a job and this is what I do.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2QhFTjX

No comments