Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'I don't have time to talk about the US Open controversy'

Serena Williams spoke about her attempt to equal Margaret Court's 24 Grand Slam titles record. After her loss to her sister Venus in Abu Dhabi, Serena said: '[The number 24] has always been significant since I got 22, then 23. It’s something that I clearly want but I have to be able to get there and beat a lot of good players to get it.'

Analyzing her physical shape, Serena - who has last competed in the US Open final in early September - added: 'My fitness, I feel like I’m pretty fit. I was running and running and never got tired except for one point but then I got over it in 20 seconds, so I think that was really the highlight for me.'

The tournament asked the journalists not to do any question to Serena about her controversy with chair umpire Carlos Ramos in the US Open final. Asked if she wants to avoid this topic, Serena concluded: 'I don’t avoid anything. I just don’t have time to talk about that. I talked about it, everyone talked about it for months and months and months and it’s best to move on to bigger and better things.'

Meanwhile, Kevin Anderson commented on his three-set win over Hyeon Chung: 'Tennis can be a funny game. Small points can make all the difference and get that break at the start of the second set changed things and I was able to go on from there.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ERjwek

No comments