Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'If you only have power, in tennis you won't last long'

Serena Williams believes that many factors need to be there in order to have a long career like she is having. In a press conference, Serena said: 'I think if you only have power and you only hit hard balls, you're definitely not going to last in tennis for very long. I don't only play hard tennis. Maybe if you want to get out there I can show you like how I mix things up. I'm hitting slices and drop shots, especially more recently in my game. I think power's often extremely good to have in your game. But if I were to sit here and hit every ball hard, my arm would fall off. So impossible.'

Serena also recalled her meeting with Nelson Mandela a few years ago: 'Just meeting him, speaking to him. He's so coherent, he's so smart, he's so amazing. Obviously, I'm hoping he'll recover. But reading books about him, seeing things, seeing what he went through‑‑ you know, I started to read his autobiography after I left South Africa. It's just amazing. Where he started as a kid, then going from there, making his way really to the top of something completely inconceivable. Having so many people love him and cherish him for who he was, for being black, for being in South Africa at a time where maybe it wasn't the best moment to be black in South Africa. He's had a great story. I think everyone of all races and nations and countries and individuals can learn from his stellar, like, life.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2QqLqVn

No comments