Breaking News

Serena Williams praises Roger Federer for having more Majors than Nadal

Serena Williams was asked what's more impressive between Roger Federer holding 20 Grand Slam titles and Rafael Nadal leading head to head meetings 23-15 over the Swiss player. 'I think it's impossible to say which one is greater', said Serena. 'I mean, I think Roger is a great player. He's done so much for the game and the sport. He's just an unbelievable athlete and unbelievable player. He's been playing for a long time in his career. Obviously, it was longer. Rafael, on the other hand, started younger, starting winning Grand Slams really young, and he's a great, great player as well. If you're going by numbers, Roger still has more Grand Slams than Rafa, so you have to go with that.'

Serena was also asked what she would tell now to young Serena: 'There are so many things anyone could say to their younger self. The fact remains you can't do it, so I never really get involved in trying to give advice to someone that I can't. I feel like I have always wanted to be a tennis player and I have always wanted to win a Grand Slam, and then I kind of got greedy and I kept wanting to win more. I don't think I would be that surprised.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2AWaJEe

No comments