Breaking News

Simona Halep: 'I want to be flagbearer and win a medal in 2020 Tokyo'

Simona Halep met the press in Romania after being picked as one of the members for the 2020 Olympic team. 'I am honoured to be a part of the Romania's Olympic team. There is a little of time before the Tokyo Olympics, but I hope to qualify', said Halep. 'I played in London two editions ago and it was very beautiful, emotional and very different than what we do every day. Tennis is a single sport, but when I played the Olympics it was totally different. There were emotions that I had never felt before, and I hope to play much better than what I did in London. My main goal in Tokyo is obviously a medal, it does not matter which one. I will do my best to be in Tokyo and win. But I want to stay something more, I hope to be flagbearer for Romania. It would be a big joy for me.'

'My best moment was at the French Open when the inner sang. It was by far the best moment of my life. I think for every athlete it's a big achievement to represent your country. I hope to play with Horia Tecau in doubles', said Halep, who will come back to practice in a few weeks as she is still trying to recover from a back injury.

Meanwhile asked if he plans to compete in mixed doubles at the Olympic Games in 2020 Tokyo, Marius Copil replied: 'Let's see, Maybe Monica, even if she may play with Florin Mergea.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2SAMhPX

No comments