Breaking News

Not easy to triumph with Roger Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray - Krajicek

The former world No. 4 Richard Krajicek won one Grand Slam title in his career, at 1996 Wimbledon, and in a column for Telegraaf he reflected on what he would have achieved if he played in this era where many tall players like Kevin Anderson, John Isner, Juan Martin del Potro and Alexander Zverev are cracking top 10 and having success on the big stage. 'Jack Eltingh noted that I would have had more success if I played in this era. It is thank to a better medical prevention and a better training', Krajicek explained. 'Today many players take advantage from it. With my 1.96 metres I may have been more flexible and fitter now, but I do not think I would have won a lot more. With Federer, Nadal, Murray, Djokovic and Wawrinka as competitors the level is unbelievably amazing and it's not easy to get big successes. I ask myself if very high men can become world No. 1s. In order to get to that position, you need to work on a consistent basis throughout the year, even on clay. Someone like Alexander Zverev, I believe he is capable of it, because he is unbelievably fast and moves so well for someone being 1,98 metres high. I expect a lot from him in the next years.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2zLYwST

No comments