Breaking News

After motherhood, Sania Mirza eyes comeback to tennis

Sania Mirza is back to practice. After becoming mother for the first time in 2018, the Indian tennis player eyes her comeback to competitive tennis in late 2019. In an interview to PTI, the six-time Grand Slam winner said: “Well, I have been able to play these roles thick and fast. I have been a wife for a while. I have become mother just now. I am trying to get back to the top level. I know, it is not going to be easy, but nothing is [more] worth than doing it."

Mirza was also confident, and said she was ready to face the changes ahead: “My realistic goal is to make a comeback to the sport. Probably by the end of this year it may happen. Earlier I had talked about my return by 2020. There was a reason for that. I didn’t want to put pressure on myself and still don’t."

Being successful while being a mother is possible, as Serena Williams already showed it in the recent times. Mirza admitted that now a lot of things are different for her. "Life changes a lot when you have an infant in the house. You are not the priority anymore. As sportspersons, we tend to be a little bit selfish all our life. It is all about us. It is all about our fitness, rest and work," Mirza admitted. "When an infant arrives in the house, it is nothing about you anymore. It is all about the infant. And, that is what motherhood is all about. The life becomes selfless."

ALSO READ: Roger Federer adds new tournament to February 2019 schedule!

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RmupMB

No comments