Breaking News

Caroline Wozniacki 'ready for new season' after 2018 health scare

In an interview to Telegraph, Caroline Wozniacki commented on being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis with which she has been suffering since August last year. The Dane seems ready to play a tough tournament like the Australian Open where she is the defending champion. The world no. 3, who prevailed over Simona Halep in last year's final, said: 'I think when I was first diagnosed a lot of people around me didn’t know how it could affect me. Every time you get a diagnosis like that, or are told that your body isn’t functioning in the way it use to, there’s a process you have to go through. For me the off-season has helped. I've had time to spend with my friends and family and look at the positives. It's helped my body rebalance. My condition is a day-to-day thing but I’m ready for the new season. I always work hard. I’m always on the court and go to the gym everyday, but if my body doesn’t feel perfect then I’ll work on some technical things - so I’ve had to adjust a little bit.'

Wozniacki is not the first player to have been dealing with an auto-immune disorder, as Venus Williams, too, dealt with with Sjogren syndrome. 'Everyone’s different,' the Dane recognized. 'You have to find your own way and do what feels right for you and your body because what works for me might not work for someone else. I’m very happy that I can still compete with the best in the world and that’s the main thing. I’m only 28. It’s about taking care of your body, resting up but then working hard.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2AFffrr

No comments