Breaking News

Del Potro's story marked everyone, says WTA Player

In an interview to La Capital, Nadia Podoroska praised Juan Martin del Potro for setting an example as the world No. 5 came back from three wrist surgeries and achieved a career-high ranking at No. 3 in August 2018. Podoroska said: 'Del Potro's story marked everyone a bit, this perseverance. When you have clear that you want, you do everything to achieve it. Having a dream, a marked goal and such a big goal since you are a kid. The injuries are the most complicad thing. You cannot do what you like to and you start asking yourself why, you have a little of frustration. But you always have things to do, in my case I had to split with my coach, growing, being more independent, caring of things which I did not care of previously.'

Podoroska has been dealing with several injuries in the last years and she was forced to withdraw from tournaments: 'That's what happened at the US Open this year. I could go there but I was not at 100% physically and my fitness trainer told me that it was my choice. That I could go but he could not guarantee me that I would do well to compete. It was a very difficult decision because I love the US Open and I was excited to play. I had to close my eyes and tell me "I stay here". At the end of 2016 I was playing the US Open main draw, I was 19 years old and No. 160 on the rankings. The conditions change a lot. With that situation I had a different economical earning, I was living in Barcelona where you have more tennis. I played other kind of tournaments, big WTA tournaments. Now the processes are slower.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GRgkSq

No comments