Breaking News

Djokovic snubs Roger Federer: 'Rafael Nadal has been my greatest rival'

Novak Djokovic feels proud about his rivalry with Rafael Nadal. Nobody in the tennis history faced as many times as Djokovic and Nadal, who played 53 matches against each other. “Nadal has historically throughout my life and career been the greatest rival that I ever played against on all the surfaces", said the Belgrade native. "Some matches that we had against each other were a great turning point in my career. I feel they have made me rethink my game. I had some disappointing moments where I lost to him. I think I lost to him nine times so far in the Grand Slams, and I lost some tough matches in finals and semis in French Open and US Open."

Djokovic added: “I won also some great matches. That kind of encounters have also made me the player I am today, without a doubt. These are the kind of matches that you live for, finals of slams, playing the greatest rivals at their best. What more can you ask for? This is where you want to be.”

For Mats Wilander, Djokovic's win over Nadal comes as no surprise. Before the match, the Swede had said: “I was out there on the side of the court and you cannot get a ball past him, he moves so well on this court. I can’t even explain how good that is, I don’t know how you play tennis to beat someone like that. When he serves that well as well you don’t have a chance to attack the second serve. For Lucas Pouille he would have had to serve an 80-85% first serve and he still gets beaten. Novak Djokovic, he said it himself, that’s the best match he’s ever played one the Road Laver arena so what can you do."

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2S9TA4G

No comments