Breaking News

Dylan Alcott: I was super happy to get the win

Dylan Alcott and Heath Davidson are the Australian Open quad wheelchair doubles after overcoming Andy Lapthorne and David Wagner in a pulsating final, beating their opponents, 6-3, 6-7(6), [12-10].

This victory meant that Alcott and Davidson successfully defended their title which they won last year as well. “We pride ourselves on playing till the last point,” Alcott said.

“I pride myself on being level-headed the whole time. I think that really helped us. I think we both played incredibly well. We try to play like you can’t tell the score.”

This victory also come a few hours after the two emerged victories in singles during round-robin play at Melbourne Park.  Alcott has assured himself a spot in the finals whereas Davidson can reach the finals if he beats Wagner.

“If you play me, you’re not getting your fifth (title),” Davidson said in light banter to Alcott, who is gunning for an amazing fifth straight title at the Australian Open.

“I was super happy to get the win. Super happy also because the winner of Heath and Wagner tomorrow makes it through to the final against me. It will be unbelievable if it’s Heath on Australia Day. It will mad, so cool,” said a rather jovial Alcott.

Recently Novak Djokovic appreciated Alcott, saying that he is an inspiration to the Serb for his undying spirit and is also a hero to many.

ALSO READ

Smith explains why Serena Williams can't be the GOAT

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2sJqafd

No comments