Breaking News

Evert explains how Andre Agassi can help Grigor Dimitrov

Andre Agassi is back at the Australian Open as Grigor Dimitrov's coach. The two have been working together for the first time at the Paris Masters in late October, then for some days in Monte Carlo in November and for a few weeks in Las Vegas in December. On how the co-operation can work, the former world No. 1 Chris Evert said: 'I think he can help Dimitrov tremendously with the mental side of the game, as Patrick was saying, echoing the discipline that Agassi had, also the wisdom that he has, the training. When I think of Agassi, I picture him running up hills with sandbags on his back with Gil Reyes.

I think he can up the intensity of the discipline and training. And Dimitrov is very respectful of former champions. I feel like he will be more motivated with Andre. It’s so funny because I picked Anderson out right away, looking at the top 15, 20 players that are ranked. Anderson is one also I think that can win a major this year, even win the Australian. I think he’s shown it. He’s shown maturity. He certainly has had a lot of great wins under his belt and I think people underestimate him a little bit.'

Dimitrov will start his campaign against the former top 10 player Janko Tipsarevic on Monday in Melbourne. He got his best result there in 2017 reaching the semifinals.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2AFFhun

No comments