Breaking News

Federer: 'I've always had great Hopman Cup partners: Mirka, Hingis, Bencic'

In a recent interview, Roger Federer recalled his Hopman Cup campaigns. The Swiss player made his first appearance in 2001 with Martina Hingis and they won the title together there. In 2002 Federer played with his then girlfriend and now wife Mirka Vavrinec, then he made his comeback in 2017 alongside Belinda Bencic. Federer said: 'I was even a hitting partner, too, way back when before I even played for Ivo Heuberger … so I’ve come here actually six times and always had great partners in Martina Hingis, my wife Mirka and also Belinda the last three years and I’ve just really enjoyed myself here. I think it’s a great preparation for the rest of the season. I don’t know, it’s a great place to be here and I’m happy I’m here again.'

Federer concluded: 'It’s a wonderful arena and a place that’s given me some good feelings for the rest of the season and I love playing in Australia. People know that here. I’ve got great friends here in this country so I’m looking forward to a great week here in Perth again.'

Federer concluded: 'I’m happy I’m still on tour and feeling as good as I feel right now. I’ve had a good build-up to the season. I’ve been here a couple of days and (I’m) feeling really good.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2StSPQP

No comments