Breaking News

Dimitrov not upset by Millman's win vs Federer:'His body has gotten better'

For Grigor Dimitrov, John Millman's recent successes are not a surprise. In 2018 the Australian player achieved his best Grand Slam result ever at the US Open defeating Roger Federer to reach the quarter-finals where he would eventually lost to Novak Djokovic. The Bulgarian player had noted that Millman was playing well already at the beginning of the season when they faced each other in Brisbane. The Bulgarian would win just in the third set at the time. 'Each year, his body has gotten better and his game has had a lot of upsides. He played lights out against me last year. He had a match point against me', said Dimitrov as quoted by The Courier Mail.

Tennys Sandgren will face Millman on Monday in the Brisbane International first round. The American player said: 'I’m aware he is a hometown hero and it will be fun.'

Millman, who achieved a career-high ranking at No. 35, believes the best is yet to come: 'I’m 29 and I think if I have a good year with injuries I can go higher. I’ve managed to play some of my best tennis in Brisbane. In its last edition (as an ATP tournament for men), I hope I can go out with a few wins and go on a run at one of my favourite tournaments.'

Dimitrov will face Yoshihito Nishioka in the opening round.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2F0oZ2v

No comments