Breaking News

Roger Federer reveals Hopman Cup mentality: 'We are still learning'

Roger Federer is confident ahead of the new season. He has trained hard in the past weeks in Dubai and he is trying to see the first results of his hard work at the Hopman Cup. 'It’s still early days, but I feel like I’ve played some sets and points in practice, so you kind of know where you are. I guess what you’re seeking here is confirmation to see is everything there that you thought there was, or is there any fixing still to be done in the coming weeks. We are still learning', said Federer.

Federer also analyzed his win over Cameron Norrie: 'It was very good. I came out of the blocks quick. I wasn’t missing any rhythm. I’m happy in all aspects of my game that things were working – footwork, offensive play, serve, return – it was all there. It was a great match for me. I am feeling very happy with my game, I was fast on the court. The service was solid, very similar conditions like last year, which makes me very confident because the ball brand has changed also. And often it doesn‘t feel the same then thereafter...'

On facing Serena Williams in mixed doubles, Federer said: 'I’m very excited, to be honest. Playing Serena is a big thrill. Belinda has done it in the past, so I’m sure she’s going to pass me on the information about Serena’s serve and all the other shots Serena has. She’s got such a big repertoire.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2BPos00

No comments