Breaking News

Grigor Dimitrov: I have learned lot of about myself in recent months

Bulgarian tennis star Grigor Dimitrov was extremely happy with his Brisbane International first round performance against world No. 76 Yoshihito Nishioka. 

Dimitrov, ranked at No. 19 in the world, cruised past the Japanese 6-3 6-4 in his opening match of the new season. 

The Bulgarian saved a total of five break points before he broke Nishioka in the fifth game of the first set. 

2017 Brisbane champion Dimitrov then comfortably held on to his serve the rest of the set to clinch the opener. 

Dimitrov failed to serve our for the match in the eighth game of the second set but made no mistakes when serving for the match for the second time in the 10th game to seal a place in the round-of-16. 

"I felt I was actually hitting the ball quite all right for our first match of the year," Dimitrov said post-match, per the AFP. 

"It was a good day overall. There were a few things that I would like to maybe improve on the next match, but overall I think it's off to a positive start."

Dimitrov was hampered by an ankle towards the end of the last season -- which caused him to miss some events. 

"I just actually felt that in those months I've learned a lot about myself," Dimitrov claimed. 

"I learned things that I need to do better, things that I could improve off the court. 

"So overall I actually felt that they were very successful months off the court."

Also read: Thanasi Kokkinakis feels he belongs in Brisbane International main draw

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2SqGlJD

No comments