Breaking News

'Having a baby is a big thing. Now Serena Williams is fitter' - Coach

Serena Williams is a better player than 2018, claimed her coach Patrick Mouratoglou at the Australian Open after the American player's win over Simona Halep. Speaking in a conference call, Mouratoglou said: “I think she's fitter than she was last year because even though she really made a lot of effort to come back in shape, I don't think she had enough time. Having a baby is a big thing, so for a top-level athlete to come back and be 100% fit after having a baby, I don’t think there was enough time. I think now she's ready physically. I think emotionally, too, because it's a big change in anyone's life to have a baby and you need to get used to a new life. It took a bit of time. But I feel now she's back to being Serena on both the physical and emotional side. I think her level is good. I think she needed a big fight, and it happened today, and I think it's a great thing. Especially when it ends like that.”

Serena lost a lot of weight after giving birth and she now looks the favourite to conquer her 24th Grand Slam title. "Of course I believe she will win. If I don't believe she will win I should coach somebody else", added Mouratoglou. "First of all, I always think she can win, and she will win. I think I should be in that state of mind. Because she's Serena.”

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2sGSfDS

No comments