Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: I love women's tennis. I don't care if they earn more

In June 2018, Rafael Nadal had reportedly said, in an interview to the Italian magazine IoDonna, that men should earn more than women as their popularity is bigger. However, those quotes were misunderstood and now in a press conference at the Australian Open Nadal said: "I don't know why you are trying all the time to create these kind of stories on this thing. As you know, I love the women's tennis. I feel that they can win as much as they want. Is not about equal or not equal prize money. I don't care if they win more than us. That's the real thing. If they sell more tickets than what we sell tickets, they deserve to more than us. That's very easy to understand. It's not about being male or women. Doesn't matter. We are the same. If they sell more than us, they have to win more than us."

Asked if he would like to see the two tours integrated so they could sell together, Nadal replied: "I don't know. I don't have the whole information to know if that stronger product or not stronger product. Who knows. You need to take an analysis. I am not the right person to answer that because I don't have the whole information. You have to ask the tournaments. You have to ask the ATP. You have to ask the ITF. You have to ask the WTA. They have much more information than what I have. Is a very sensible thing today in this world talking about men or women. We arrive to one moment that you even can't have an opinion because anything that you say is going against you. I will not be the one that I going to tell you anything in this moment, you know?"

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2COcS5Z

No comments