Breaking News

Naomi Osaka inspired by Stefanos Tsitsipas's win over Roger Federer

Naomi Osaka got inspired by Stefanos Tsitsipas. The Greek player defeated the 20-time Major winner Roger Federer on Sunday. “I wasn’t really sure what to do at a point. I just try to stick in there. And also I was watching all these kids winning, like, last night Tsitsipas beat Federer and I was like, ‘Woah’ — so I decided I wanted to do well, too. I think that’s everyone’s dream", said Osaka during her on-court interview.

Osaka also commented on her recent trip to Haiti: 'I felt very lucky to be able to go, because of it kind of fit perfectly during my off-season schedule. I wasn't really sure if I had time. For me, it's a very humbling experience to go back, because you see so many people that they don't have much, and then you go back to your house and everything that you take for granted you start appreciating it more. For me, I feel like, because I went to Haiti the first time two years ago, like, last year. And then I started playing well, I think, because I started appreciating everything and I didn't want to complain about anything. Because when you go there and you see people, like, literally, they have to walk miles for water and it's just like, Why are you complaining about your life? Yeah, for me, I felt very grateful to go there, because I go to Japan a lot, but I haven't really gone to Haiti as much.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2S8ACLO

No comments