Breaking News

I did not take money from being Rafael Nadal's coach, says Uncle Toni

Toni Nadal revealed very interesting things on his job as Rafael Nadal's coach. He coached his nephew for 27 years, but he never got paid for it. Andre Agassi had made a similar saying when he coached Novak Djokovic last year. 'Until when I was a Rafa'a coach, I did not take money for it. Not because he did not want to pay me, but because for me it was a pleasure. I have a business with Windows, a family company and two restaurants. But not taking money, I could tell him all the time what I thought. Now I like tennis', said Toni in an interview with Nova Wake Up TV during his visit to promote the Sofia Open that takes place next month.

Toni also commented on the 32-year-old's character: 'Rafael is very calm in his life, he loves to go fishing, playing golf, staying home, spending time with his friends. When he switches to the court it's completely different. When he was seven years old, I told his father that he would become Spain's champion. I always knew. When Rafael was younger, I was very strict with him. When you know that things will not happen easily, you get prepared for life. He is healthy, there is no problem for him. I do not like his rituals before serving. He suddenly started doing many things. During the practice sessions, he does not do anything, only during matches. It is funny.'

Nadal also commented on his bottles habit: "The bottles have been working very, very well so far in my career. Only when I am competing. Even in the practices, I am not doing that at all."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Sh1skA

No comments