Breaking News

I never accepted Djokovic's apologies in Laver Cup, jokes Roger Federer

In an interview during the Australian Open men's draw, Roger Federer commented on one of the funniest 2018 Laver Cup moments, when Novak Djokovic hit the Swiss player's back during a doubles match. Re-looking at the video, Federer joked: 'He apologised but I never accepted this. Actually two points later, Jack (Sock) got him straight in the chest, that was crazy. But what a reaction by Novak, I love this reaction. He knows he should have not done that.'

Coming back to more serious topics, Federer said he had some great training in December in Dubai: 'In the off-season I felt great, didn't miss any session in the fitness and on the tennis court. When I went to Perth I was feeling good but you never know if you are gonna translate that into victories on the court and I played great in singles and in mixed as well. It was a great event and I played some great tennis. It was great fun, I loved playing against Serena, she was so kind, what a great champion she is. So I wish her the best here in Melbourne as well.'

Recalling the impact that his six-month break in 2016 had on the rest of his career so far, the 37-year-old added: 'With the injury, that helped me to recalibrate everything and understand how much should I play, how should I play, and I have always wanted to play more attacking tennis so maybe the racket switch was one of that allowed me to be more aggressive on the backhand side, that's maybe why I won the Australian Open two years ago against Rafa. But I like to play attacking tennis, that's how it started, so in a way it came full circle again.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FDiwed

No comments