Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios: 'It's scary how good Alexander Zverev is'

Nick Kyrgios does not believe that Alexander Zverev's success may be an extra motivation for him to breakthrough and achieve his potential. The 21-year-old German already achieved a career-high ranking at No. 3 last year, while Kyrgios, a 23-year-old, never got past the 13rd position. 'When someone has success my age or younger than me, I am not at all the type to be like jealous or anything like that. For me, I know what I'm capable of. I've beaten the big four. Zverev has had an unbelievable career. He's only going to get better. I think he has a lot to improve on. When I watch him play, I see so many things he can improve on. It's scary how good he is already. I mean, of course. We all want to have success. But I know I have to just take care of every day. I was battling other things than on court. I need to get myself right, not worry about what anyone else is doing. He's only going to get better. That's the scary thing. He's young. Hopefully his body stays right. Doesn't wind me up at all', Kyrgios said.

Zverev and Kyrgios faced each other six times, they are tied on 3-3 in the head to head meetings. Zverev won their last meeting at the 2018 Miami Open in straight sets, 6-4 6-4.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2AKXEOQ

No comments