Breaking News

I never had more fun on the Tour like now, says Roger Federer

Roger Federer does not know if he will play on clay this year, but the Swiss player said he would like to stay in his native country more, after going around the road for many consecutive months last year. In an interview ahead of the Australian Open, Federer said: "I know what the pillars are for me and what I need to do in terms of fitness, how many tournaments I can play, how much I want to travel. This can all be adjusted. The goal is to be a bit more in Switzerland, especially with the family this year."

Federer wants to take a step at a time: "We’re just trying to work through the schedule, which is why I haven’t made a decision yet on the clay-court season and the beginning of the grass-court season. I just want to enjoy myself, have a good time on the road. I don’t think I’ve ever had more fun than right now to be honest on the tour because the kids are travelling with me. We have so many friends that come now."

He concluded: “From that standpoint, we’re eager to find out the draw, especially all we look at is regardless of who you are is the first or maybe maximum the second round. After that, you really don’t mind who’s in your section because you’ve got to beat them all if you want to win here. Those dangerous floaters are always the talk of the town, especially at the beginning. At the same, I think it’s also important to go [in] confident in the event and know you can beat them all from the get-go. The beginning of last year started so well, so I’m hopeful that it can happen again. The second half was maybe not as good but still, it was solid, so I think the most important thing for me moving into this year is being ready in the mind when the big moments come around."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2snAfyp

No comments