Breaking News

Kohlschreiber draws perfect player, picks Roger Federer, Nadal, Djokovic...

In an interview to Kurier, Philipp Kohlschreiber drew his perfect tennis player. 'Obviously, Roger Federer would often be included', the world No. 32 admitted. 'I think he has the best touch out of everyone. I would take Rafael Nadal's forehand, Novak Djokovic's backhand. With the one-handed backhand I would also name myself. Federer's serve, Nadal's fighting heart, Andy Murray's game.'

Kohlschreiber also gave interesting opinions on Dominic Thiem: 'I have been following his career for a very long time, we are also friends and we often train together. There is a connection there, his family is super nice and Gunter Bresnik is a mentor who helped me a lot. I think that Dominic has an amazing character even if I did not see it so often. You have to see it this way: Dominic broke through very early and he got expectations, media, attention around himself. Dominic not only stayed with feet on the ground but he is also a step forward. He is so easy and nice that you can congratulate his parents. Dominic is still the same, it's great for Austria to have such a nice superstar. He is really a role model for me.'

In what way? What can a 35-year-old learn from a 24-year-old? 'Dominic is unique in his way to act and play. I took it for him. For me, in previous years tennis was often associated with the pressure. Looking at: I have to play now, I have to win, I have to prove myself. This is not Thiem's case. He is always happy to be on court. And it's exactly what I learned from him. You can see him in his easiness as well.'

However, in his country, there is always some criticism about him not winning the biggest tournaments. 'I cannot understand it at all. But we have a similar problem in Germany. Alexander Zverev gets only judged only for Grand Slams. That will not be different with Marcel Hirscher. I love his consistency, everything looks easy with him. For me, it's the Roger Federer of skiing. But if he doesn't win a gold medal, then people are suddenly disappointed. I cannot understand it. Dominic Thiem is so young, he is constantly improving, give him time.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RP5ku2

No comments