Breaking News

Laver Cup owned by Roger Federer is a unique event, says former player

In an interview to Lo Sandes, the former tennis player Jose Luis Clerc praised the Laver Cup. The team competition event was held in Prague and Chicago in the previous years and in 2019 it will comeback to Europe in Geneva, Switzerland. Clerc suggested all the tennis fans to go there. Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal all played. 'If you ask me about a tournament that I would suggest to go in order to see tennis, I do not doubt that you have to go to the Laver Cup', said Clerc. 'It's the tournament owned by Roger Federer and it's a very professional show. Roger is connected to everything, he plays, speaks with the press, promotes tickets sale. This year it was played in the Chicago bulls stadium, you do not what is this. Impressive. There was a blindex court in which players were training and the crowd could watch them from the restaurants. Also, having the best guys in the world all together and enjoying the team competition. An event that I never saw in my life.'

About Argentina having three Davis Cup captains, Clerc added: 'You speak with me about Gastón (Gaudio), Coria and Cañas? If it's for better, that's welcome. I know Gaudio since he was eight years old coming to my school. The thing is that Argentinean tennis is displaced. It's worrying. You almost have no girls starting to play tennis. What happens is they make the sport more singles than how it is. At the time we were travelling across regions, with a team. I hope that the guys who won the elections (Agustin Calleri), who beat me, understand that you have to change the situation.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2R8R49X

No comments