Breaking News

Milos Raonic: 'My objective was to keep Zverev uncomfortable and I did it'

"When I lost serve in the opening game I couldn't even think about such an outcome in the opening two sets, there were a lot of curse words, it's hard to start regretting things already after the first game. I played incredible today, I did a lot of things extremely well and I'm very proud, I'm glad I've been able to turn the things around very quickly. Thank the crowd for the support. It was tough in the third set, there was one match point at 5-4 where I probably would have looked after this match and maybe wished I did something differently, but I just kept thinking forward, focusing on my serve and I was getting up back behind a little bit, trying to stay composed. Things were going extremely well for me today and I finished off that way as well. 

The last thing I wanted to do on one of the match points was to play a 29-shot rally but yeah, I tried to keep him off the pace, he is incredible at striking the ball and dictating the court when you sort of hit at him at one speed. That was my objective today, to keep him uncomfortable as much as possible and also to make the points short. The partnership with Goran has been good. We speak the same language and keep things really simple. I think that's what I needed over the last 18 months, especially with all the injuries, to keep my game simple and get a chance to play many matches on the court. We have done that and it paid off extremely well, I'm very thankful for that. Borna Coric has been playing incredibly well over the last 12 months, he has really stepped it up and Luca has played well here throughout the week, it is gonna be interesting to watch their match but I will take some time for myself before that."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2T4tjlu

No comments