Breaking News

My back injury was scary, says Simona Halep

Simona Halep confessed she got worried for the back issue she dealt with towards the late stage of the 2018 season. The Romanian player skipped the WTA Finals in Singapore and she cameback to practice only in December. Speaking at the Sydney International, Halep, who lost to Ashleigh Barty in her opening round match, said: 'It was very scary because it was below the back, so it's always dangerous. But I had treatment at home, I rested for about six weeks and I did nothing, just exercises for the back. I didn't have pain while I was practising this period, off-season. So now I feel confident and it's okay. But I need to see during the official match.'

Halep added: "I feel relaxed, I feel rested, I feel healthy with the back. But as I said, I didn't play a match yet so I don't know for sure how it's going to be."

Halep plans to stay coachless in the first months of the new season: "(Cahill) was a very big part of my career and I want to thank him for that. Together we won the grand slam that we always wished for. It's going to be tough. And it was tough, the off-season, without a coach, without Darren. But he decided this and I fully understood because family comes first always."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FogvTG

No comments