Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios: 'Andy Murray scared me more than Federer, Nadal'

In a column for The Guardian the world No. 51 Nick Kyrgios paid once again an amazing tribute to Andy Murray who announced his retirement from professional tennis. The Australian met Murray six times in competitive matches, with Kyrgios prevailing only at last year's Queen's in three sets, 2-6 7-6 7-5, which marked the Brit's comeback to the competition after 11 months.

Kyrgios recalled his first two meetings against Murray: 2014 Toronto second round and 2015 Australian Open quarter-finals, the three-time Grand Slam winner always prevailed in straight sets. "When I played him the first couple of times, I just felt so young on the court', Kyrgios wrote. 'I almost was beaten before I went out there. When I played Roger [Federer], when I played Rafa [Nadal], I wasn’t as scared of those guys as I was of Andy. I knew that his game was a lot tougher for a guy like me to play, I knew he was going to make a lot of balls, so I felt so young when I played him the first couple of times. I didn’t really believe in my physicality. I knew that I couldn’t play long rallies with him and I knew I couldn’t last against him. I would have loved to have played him when he was in his prime as I am now, it would maybe have been a much more competitive match.'

ALSO READ: Roger Federer adds a new tournament to February 2019 schedule!

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2spGIJ3

No comments