Breaking News

Jason Kubler reveals how hard it was for him to deal with latest knee issue

Australian tennis player Jason Kubler didn't have an easy time accepting his latest last knee issue. 

Kubler, ranked at No. 131 in the world, saw his knee problems flare up again at the end of the last season. 

The Australian has undergone a total of six knee surgeries so far in his career. 

The 25-year-old played just four non-clay tournaments between 2010 September and 2017 October as that was his way of preserving his knees. 

Kubler was expected to open his 2019 campaign at the Brisbane International after being granted a wildcard by the tournament organizers. 

Unfortunately, the Australian was forced to decline the wildcard as he wasn't ready to compete. 

However, Kubler opened his season at the Sydney International -- where he failed to make it past the qualifying event. 

The 25-year-old also played an exhibition match at the Kooyong Classic. 

Wildcard Kubler then lost to Italian Thomas Fabbiano in the Australian Open first round. 

"Even though my knees have been injured, I'd made myself believe that they weren’t," Kubler exclusively told Tennis Australia. 

"The toughest thing for me, which may sound silly, was accepting that my knee was sore, accepting that it really is bad right now. That was probably the lowest, where I wasn't sure what to do.

"I had these injections at the end of the year. In my mind I said, 'If these injections don't work, I really don’t know what else I can do.' So that was in the back of my head.

"The actual struggle was accepting that I really do have another knee issue, and I'll have to go through it all again."

Also read: Rising American Tennys Sandgren happy to see his hard work is paying off

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RR6Pa4

No comments