Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios: I go dinner with umpires all the time

In a press conference at the Australian Open Nick Kyrgios was asked about his relationship with chair umpires. The Australian often gets nervous and sometimes argues about doubtful calls, but what happens on a tennis court stays there.

'I love them. Go to dinner with them all the time,' said Kyrgios. 'I mean, their job is tough. I mean, they're just doing the best they can. I understand that sometimes I do go a bit too far in frustration. When I'm competing out there, you do kind of lose touch with reality. They're just normal people trying to do their best. They do make mistakes. When I see them off the court, I kind of laugh when I walk past them. They know on court things happen. But, I mean, off the court, it's a strange occupation to do. I wouldn't personally do it because I wouldn't want, like, a guy like myself just hounding me for two and a half hours. Someone's got to do it, I guess.'

Kyrgios said he is in a good place now. He added, 'I feel like you think I'm really wise. I'm only 23. I don't have all the answers. I'm trying hard to every day enjoy myself, try and just do the right things. I'm trying to be better every day literally. I'm not, like, 40. I don't have all the answers.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2SXeqkM

No comments