Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios: John Millman beat Roger Federer at US Open, it's special

In an interview ahead of the Fast 4 exhibition match in Sydney, Nick Kyrgios praised his compatriot John Millman with whom he paired up in the event on Monday facing Rafael Nadal and Milos Raonic. Speaking to Sporting News on Millman, who reached last year's US Open quarter-finals, Kyrgios said: 'It’s amazing. I’ve never come back from an injury like what he’s had to go through – I can’t imagine what it’s like. I can’t imagine it would be fun being away from the game for that long and coming back. Putting that dedication and hard work in is never easy, but Johnny, I never doubted he’d be one to not come back from injury like that. It would have taken some discipline and a hard look in the mirror to say ‘this is going to be a hard road back. And look where he is today – he beat Roger (Federer) at the US Open, so it’s pretty special.'

Kyrgios was very honest and spoke highly of Millman: 'He’s unreal, he’s positive and gives 100% every time and was a lot of fun to be around tonight. If I had one percent of what John could do every single day – training 100% ticking all the boxes – I’d probably be much more of a player than I am right now.'

Millman said: 'I’d like to comment on Nick, I thought he was fantastic last night. I hit with him beforehand and was actually really impressed with the practise session and thought he really bought it. That shouldn’t go unnoticed.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2H75Eiy

No comments